Blog entries from May 2013:|
- "Predictions - The Greatest Weekend of the Year" posted by NicoRosbergFan on May 21, 2013 (0 comments)
Generally, the three biggest races in the world are considered to be the Indianapolis 500 Mile Race, the Monaco Grand Prix, and the 24 Hours of Le Mans. The best part is that Indianapolis and Monaco are the on the SAME weekend!
Predictions are opening for both the Indianapolis 500 and the Monaco Grand Prix.
Indianapolis .... Read the rest of this blog
- "Old vs. New Points - WEEKS 9, 10 & 11 in one go!" posted by Riverside on May 17, 2013 (0 comments)
My apologies to the lack of updates, been sorting out some personal stuff, but I should be back on track now so here's 3 weeks worth of updates.
Added K&N WEST & MODIFIED series. Just CANADAIN TIRE to come!
NB: KENSETH's reduced points penalty has been applied.
SPRINT CUP - as of 11 MAY (Race 11/36)
Pos - Driver - Points .... Read the rest of this blog
- "JDFG All-Star Weekend" posted by David on May 17, 2013 (1 comment)
I am posting the updated standings next week.
The rules are simple: post both your Showdown and All-Star picks here. Do NOT put Showdown drivers in with All-Star picks. I will omit Showdown drivers from the All-Star race, and drivers who finished below transfer drivers will be moved up a spot (exactly like 24over48's game). The winner of the .... Read the rest of this blog
- "Truck and Exhibition Predictions - Charlotte/All-Star" posted by 24over48 on May 15, 2013 (13 comments)
JACKPOT RACE #3 for the Trucks!!
For All-Star rules, please refer to previous post!! DON'T PUT SHOWDOWN DRIVERS IN ALL-STAR PREDICTIONS
TRUCK ENTRY LIST:
SHOWDOWN/ALL-STAR ENTRY LIST:
Kyle .... Read the rest of this blog
- "PLEASE READ! ALL-STAR WEEKEND RULES!" posted by 24over48 on May 15, 2013 (2 comments)
I understand some of you are mad I haven't posted points yet. I do apologize, I've had a lot going on lately but my schedule will open up again starting this weekend so I will be able to get everything back on track. Once again, I do apologize for any inconvenience.
THIS IS NOT A PREDICTIONS POST! DO NOT POST YOUR PREDICTIONS HERE!
Special .... Read the rest of this blog
- "They'll Do a Lame Version Anyway" posted by Uptight Motorsports Nerd on May 15, 2013 (3 comments)
To state the obvious, there should be an All-Star Race for the Nationwide Series. Minor leagues usually have their own All-Star games, and the Nationwide Series regulars could use an attention boost. The less obvious questions follow. Where should it be held? What are the entry criteria? Will there be Buschwackers?
The entry criteria could .... Read the rest of this blog
- "The 33 Greatest Drivers in Indianapolis 500 History" posted by cjs3872 on May 15, 2013 (8 comments)
Well, it's that time. Since it's the middle of May (can it be mid-May already?), and the Indianapolis 500 is less thn two weeks away from it's 97th running, I think it's time for me to reveal my listing o the 33 greatest drivers in Indianapolis 500 history. I will be revealing this list as a starting grid, and in true Indianapolis 500 fashion, it will .... Read the rest of this blog
- "One of the Most Amazing Days Ever!" posted by NASCARgirl01 on May 13, 2013 (2 comments)
I have attended a lot of races and gone to several tracks in the past few years, but only a few days have produced so many memories that I will never forget as being at the Indianapolis Motor Speedway on Saturday. My Dad, a friend and me went over last year for Opening Day and again on Carb Day, but the last time I had been at the track was in July .... Read the rest of this blog
- "IndyCar Predictions and F1 Results" posted by NicoRosbergFan on May 13, 2013 (5 comments)
Now accepting predictions for the Indianapolis 500 pole. Remember, getting this pole correct gives you a 13 point bonus. These picks MUST be in by 11:00 AM on Saturday! I will make my own prediction later in the week when we understand which cars are fast or not.
No questions here! MIPA goes to Biscuits in a Red Bull .... Read the rest of this blog
- "NASCAR: Deep Race Ten" posted by NicoRosbergFan on May 11, 2013 (0 comments)
So sue me for copyright infringement!
My mother and I discovered the most incredible way to have fun together while inundating ourselves with NASCAR. Here's how it works: one person pulls up a race (my mother and I prefer pre-1990 NASCAR and pre-2004 CART, IndyCar, and F1). The other person must guess the cars that are in the top-10. This .... Read the rest of this blog
- "JDFG Update, Part 2" posted by David on May 11, 2013 (3 comments)
After some serious thought, I will not count the picks at either Richmond or Talladega. So, you can still drop your lowest finishers from Kansas. Check last week's post for the standings.
I will now take picks for Darlington. .... Read the rest of this blog
- "Nationwide and Sprint Cup Predictions - Darlington" posted by 24over48 on May 9, 2013 (20 comments)
JACKPOT RACE #2 for Nationwide Series!!
I will wait to put up the points after the All-Star race due to bonus points given from Exhibition Standings. Full year recap of MVP's will be posted along with the points/
NATIONWIDE ENTRY LIST:
SPRINT .... Read the rest of this blog
- "Topsy-Turvy Season" posted by The Vicar on May 8, 2013 (3 comments)
- except for who's leading the points. Baseball in March and March Madness in April. Qualifying preempted by an auto auction. (Isn't it called SPEED TV and not sitting parked tv? It'll probably only get worse when Fox takes over.) Pit Crew Competition cancelled due to lack of interest. Kevin Harvick and Tony Stewart have appointed themselves the Nascar .... Read the rest of this blog
- "Formula 1 Predictions- Spain/IndyCar Results" posted by NicoRosbergFan on May 7, 2013 (6 comments)
Folks, it's time to celebrate the one year anniversary of F1 predictions!
Race is at 8AM! No lateness exceptions
1. Sebastian Vettel
2. Fernando Alonso
3. Kimi Raikkonen
4. Romain Grosjean
5. Lewis Hamilton
6. Felipe Massa
7. Mark Webber
8. Jean-Eric Vergne
9. Nico Rosberg (sorry, but he's #3 driver at Mercedes)
10. .... Read the rest of this blog
- "The Top 10 Best Things in Racing this Weekend" posted by NASCARgirl01 on May 6, 2013 (3 comments)
There was a lot of action this week, in between the rain drops, so here are my 10 best things that happened on track in Talladega and Brazil!
10--Everyone made it through Talladega in one piece
Most are probably a little worse for wear and will be sore this week, but they are well enough to race again next weekend. It's been a few superspeedway .... Read the rest of this blog
- "Important JDFG Update" posted by David on May 4, 2013 (4 comments)
I am sorry for posting so late again, but I suppose it won't matter, since the weather forecast looks bleak. Very, VERY bleak.
Because of the short time frame for posting picks last week, I am not counting predictions for Richmond. This means that if any player still wants to drop picks from Kansas, they can do so. To refresh your memory, and .... Read the rest of this blog
- "Nationwide and Sprint Cup Predictions - Talladega" posted by 24over48 on May 3, 2013 (20 comments)
I still have not been able to catch up with points. I'm currently 2 weeks behind.
Since Nationwide predictions were late last week, no points were taken. This week will be double points for Nationwide, and since it's Talladega, it would almost be a normal points week.
Not only is the Nationwide race special for the double points, but .... Read the rest of this blog
- "Your Punishment Must Be More Severe" posted by Uptight Motorsports Nerd on May 1, 2013 (5 comments)
A lot has been said about NASCAR's penalty for Matt Kenseth's engine. I am probably in the minority here, but I think the penalty was too light. NASCAR did everything shy of taking the win away, and that's the thing they should have done above all else.
I know it's only 3 grams! It should not matter if we're talking about 3 grams or 3 tons. .... Read the rest of this blog