Blog entries from January 2014:|
- "What Is That Hollowness I Hear?" posted by Hinch27 on January 30, 2014 (16 comments)
Let us enter the mind of one so evil... his name can't be mentioned without piano strings breaking and earthquakes murdering the civilians of third-world nations.
Drat! Too late.
Seriously, what on earth is he smoking? I want some of it. We already know he is messed up on drugs, but which ones?!
Why .... Read the rest of this blog
- "Fantasy NASCAR Social Media Info" posted by 24over48 on January 27, 2014 (2 comments)
Hello everybody!! We are just 2 weeks away from the post for Sprint Unlimited predictions! Next Monday, I will re-post the initial rules and changes that I posted back in November. I will also post other rules based around code of conduct.
With the Sprint Cup Series having a Chase, the ideal amount of regular predictors is around 20. Of course, .... Read the rest of this blog
- "TUSCC Round 1 Results/RRFPC Standings" posted by David on January 27, 2014 (8 comments)
The year is off to a roaring start, after one of the most memorable Rolexes in recent memory. From huge levels of attrition to which no team was immune, to harrowing crashes, to a controversial call and its eventual reversal, this race had it all. In this league, the players nailed some of their picks, others they whiffed entirely. The stakes were high, .... Read the rest of this blog
- "RRFRDL Update: Draft Day Next Week" posted by The Long Shot on January 25, 2014 (19 comments)
Greetings. As promised, one week before draft date (which has already been set; details to follow), I am posting an update for all Dynasty League players, as well as for anyone else who has interest in trying this out. First off, I figured I needed to repeat the rules that we jointly agreed to in the league-opening blog post. Briefly summed up, here .... Read the rest of this blog
- "The Latest Hare-Brained Idea by NASCAR" posted by cjs3872 on January 18, 2014 (21 comments)
It has been reported that NASCAR has proposed radical changes to the points structure, including expanding the Chase from 12 to 16 drivers, dramatically increasing the importance of winning to the point where winning virtually guarantees a driver a Chase berth if he's a full-time driver, including eliminations in the Chase after every third race, and .... Read the rest of this blog
- "Tales of the Car: 1973 Ford Torino" posted by Uptight Motorsports Nerd on January 15, 2014 (1 comment)
I am starting a new series that focuses on cars that have become racing lore. Oddly enough, this first entry focuses less on a single car and more on a whole class.
The year was 1976. America celebrated its bicentennial, "Rocky" premiered in theaters, and the Grand International class raced at Daytona and Le Mans. What was the Grand International .... Read the rest of this blog
- "TUSCC Round 1 Picks - Rolex 24 at Daytona/RRFPC Round 1" posted by David on January 14, 2014 (21 comments)
The time has come. The 2014 fantasy racing season on Racing-Reference is about to begin, and what better place to start than at the World Center of Racing, Daytona Beach?
As usual, we start the fun of predicting races with the biggest sports-car event in America, the Rolex 24. But this time around, a new series will sanction it: the Tudor United .... Read the rest of this blog
- "1957, at long last!" posted by Spen on January 6, 2014 (0 comments)
Since I finally had a day off, I was able to get a bit of real work done. This was a pretty fun season, as the factory pull-out resulted in everyone becoming an
owner-driver for the second half of the year. Fireball was second going into the finale, but he didn't show up for the last race.
1. Buck Baker 6468 (161.7 PPR) [I forgot .... Read the rest of this blog
- "The Christmas Quiz RESULTS!!!!!" posted by Biscuits In A Red Bull on January 5, 2014 (5 comments)
Well, having read a few rants and laughed at a few answers, the Christmas quiz results are in.
1 - We Need More Onion - 34 marks
2 - pimmy - 31.5 marks
3 - NicoRosbergFan - 24 marks
4 - Sean - 19.5 marks
5 - David - 8.5 marks
6 - The Long Shot - 5 marks
I hope you don't mind me sharing your marks, but this was just .... Read the rest of this blog