Blog entries from April 2011:|
- "Break In The Action Update" posted by The Vicar on April 27, 2011 (4 comments)
While we were away:
In the news it was announced that Baker/Curb Racing was being sold. It?s a sad day if that means Mike Curb is getting out of Nascar. He may easily be considered a ?renaissance man?. Besides being involved in several forms of racing for decades, he?s performed on #1 record, had hits of his own, wrote hit songs for some of .... Read the rest of this blog
- "If you could choose where Chase races could be held..." posted by Brad24 on April 27, 2011 (27 comments)
The All-Star Race is only a few weeks away and as you know, we the fans get to vote in a driver that is not locked into the show based on wins and their performance in the All-Star Challenge. Wouldn't it be cool if we the fans had the chance to vote where the 10-race Chase for the Championship would be held? If you had to choose the Chase schedule what .... Read the rest of this blog
- "Where Was Brad Coleman/Too Much Kyle?" posted by NASCARgirl01 on April 26, 2011 (8 comments)
Normally Nashville Superspeedway is a race I really look forward to and enjoy watching. It is track that isn?t on the Sprint Cup schedule, has more opportunities for young drivers, a limited focus on Cup drivers and Joe Gibbs Racing puts different names in their cars. But there was one problem: JGR didn?t have anybody different in any of their cars. .... Read the rest of this blog
- "Old vs. New Points after NASHVILLE 1" posted by Riverside on April 25, 2011 (3 comments)
Only Nationwide and Trucks, all at Nashville this week, to be updated. Nationwide is quickly turning into a two horse race, while the Trucks couldn't be closer.
Pos - Driver - Points - Actual
1 - KYLE BUSCH - 1240 - n/a
2 - EDWARDS - 1229 - n/a
3 - KESELOWSKI - 1091 - n/a
4 - LOGANO - 1078 - n/a
5 - STENHOUSE JR - 1077 - .... Read the rest of this blog
- "Top 10 Predictions - Richmond" posted by G14 on April 25, 2011 (30 comments)
Winner - Clint Bowyer
Dale Earnhardt Jr.
Jeff Gordon .... Read the rest of this blog
- "NASCAR Draft" posted by G14 on April 22, 2011 (9 comments)
For those of you who follow the NFL, you know that the draft is a week away. Jeff Gluck a NASCAR writer for SBNation.com, posted an interesting article today of what he thinks a NASCAR type draft would look like (Here is the link http://www.sbnation.com/nascar/2011/4/22/2126737/nascar-2011-draft-picks-kyle-busch-jimmie-johnson-carl-edwards-dale-earnhardt-jr). .... Read the rest of this blog
- "Pinch A 16th Of An Inch" posted by Riverside on April 20, 2011 (12 comments)
Another exciting weekend of racing has passed us by. I?m really starting to get used to this.
Much has been debated about the new style of racing we?re seeing at the superspeedways this year. All I say is, keep it this way, because never will we see a finish like that again. The second ever .002 second gap finish with 8 cars within about 2 .... Read the rest of this blog
- "Old vs. New Points after TALLADEGA 1" posted by Riverside on April 19, 2011 (3 comments)
Sprint Cup and Nationwide updated. Nationwide looks quite interesting and proves just how tight it is at the top end.
Pos - Driver - Points - Actual
1 - EDWARDS - 1208 - 1st
2 - JOHNSON - 1184 - 2nd
=3 - HARVICK - 1112 - 4th
=3 - EARNHARDT JR - 1112 - 3rd
5 - KYLE BUSCH - 1089 - 6th
6 - KURT BUSCH - 1076 .... Read the rest of this blog
- "Arguing Around in Circles All Day" posted by Uptight Motorsports Nerd on April 18, 2011 (4 comments)
Kimi Räikkönen (herein, Kimi, because I don?t know if R-R?s blogs can support tremas) made headlines by deciding to race in the NASCAR Camping World Truck Series, solidifying Formula One?s status as a feeder to the Truck Series. This naturally lead to all sort of outrage by Sprint Cup fans complaining that Formula One is a boring parade of driver aids, .... Read the rest of this blog
- "Axton/Steppenwolf - Seeds 499(500.08)" posted by The Vicar on April 18, 2011 (6 comments)
You figure it out. A valuable prize awaits the solver.
Another great (race?) is in the can.
My wife said (after watching just the last lap), ?That was pretty cool?. You have to understand, although she?s still the most knowledgeable woman about Nascar I?ve known, she hasn?t paid much attention since 2.18.01.
I?ve never felt .... Read the rest of this blog
- "Predictor Standings After Dega" posted by G14 on April 18, 2011 (10 comments)
What an interesting and exciting race weekend. I think this was the most participants we had, yet no one picked Jimmie Johnson to win. That, my friends, is the definition of irony. We had a couple of guys get four out of the top five correct, which I can?t recall that ever being done in this games short history. Brad still maintains the point lead, .... Read the rest of this blog
- "THE RACE Was Quite The Race" posted by ajcrdstr24 on April 15, 2011 (2 comments)
This is what happens when there's a field of 44 of the best super late model drivers on the continent: great side by side green flag racing for 300 laps! THE RACE at the Historic North Wilkesboro Speedway was rained out Saturday night, but that didn't stop the competitors from racing under green flag conditions for the first 50 laps before the first .... Read the rest of this blog
- "All A-Lone Star 500" posted by The Vicar on April 13, 2011 (4 comments)
Another race is in the can.
With 22 laps to go, I got a text from a friend: ?Competition caution soon?. Although Nascar let the race play out ( as they are wont to do ), this text says a lot about their reputation.
When was the last time the 24 went 2 laps down due only to handling?
Speaking of golf: I looked up ?pretentiousness? .... Read the rest of this blog
- "NASCAR: Worst Cup driver(s) (statistically) with a win" posted by Cooper on April 12, 2011 (13 comments)
Last week, I was very entertained by the blog by Talon64, which led me to think on the opposite side of the coin. While their has been a lot of talented drivers to never taste the sweetness of victory there is also a lot of unusual drivers that have taken the checkered flag in their careers. Winning a race in the Cup series is a great accomplishment .... Read the rest of this blog
- "Old vs. New Points after TEXAS 1" posted by Riverside on April 11, 2011 (2 comments)
I'm going to try to get this up every week. Basically, it's just comparing the old points to the new points to see whether there are any differences. This also includes where drivers would be if they could enter all of the top flight NASCAR championships. Only the top 20 drivers be shown.
Pos - Driver - Points - Actual
1 .... Read the rest of this blog
- "Top 10 Predictions - Dega" posted by G14 on April 11, 2011 (37 comments)
Winner - David Ragan
Dale Earnhardt Jr.
Carl Edwards .... Read the rest of this blog
- "Predictor Standings After Texas" posted by G14 on April 11, 2011 (0 comments)
1. Brad - 84 (3) --
2. Joey2448 - 78 (2) +1
3. forman400b - 73 (2) +3
4. Josh C - 72 (2) -2
5. JGF - 70 (2) +7
6. Roushfan - 67 (1) -2
7. Zedfan - 65 (2) +8
8. Kevin17fan - 64 (1) -3
9. awesomegordonfan - 64 (1) +8
10. G14 - .... Read the rest of this blog
- "The Masters" posted by The Vicar on April 6, 2011 (1 comment)
No. Not that one.
Another great race is in the can.
Some of my azaleas are blooming. Birds are chirping like crazy. 17 year cicadas are champing at the bit. I?m thinking Augusta. But no. I saw the masters at work last Sunday at Martinsville. Man, these guys are good.
The racing was so good it nullified Nascar?s propensity .... Read the rest of this blog
- "NASCAR: Best Cup driver(s) (statistically) without a win" posted by Talon64 on April 6, 2011 (19 comments)
178 different drivers have won at least one race in the 2288 Cup race that have been held since 1949. But 2685 drivers have run at least one race in Cup and failed to win.
Equipment, results in a short or long period of time and other subjective factors makes it tough to peg one guy as the best of all time never to win. But statistics always .... Read the rest of this blog
- "That Time Of The Month" posted by Riverside on April 5, 2011 (1 comment)
I know it?s been a month since my last update, but what a month!
NASCAR has entertained all the way through March, and we end up here at the start of April with Dale Earnhardt, Jr. of all people, contending for race wins. While I was spot on for him finishing second, I found myself shouting at the TV, urging him to put himself out of his own .... Read the rest of this blog
- "Top 10 Predictions - Texas" posted by G14 on April 4, 2011 (29 comments)
Winner - Matt Kenseth
Jamie McMurray .... Read the rest of this blog
- "Predictor Standings After Martinsville" posted by G14 on April 4, 2011 (0 comments)
Biggest winner this week was Shaemus, moving up from 21st to ninth in the standings. He was the only one to pick Kevin Harvick to win, and it just goes to show the importance of guessing the winner correctly. Even if you aren?t happy with how you are doing so far, just remember a win can put you right back in the game.
1. Brad ? 74 (3) .... Read the rest of this blog
- "Almost!" posted by drewh on April 4, 2011 (0 comments)
To find the last time Dale Earnhardt, Jr. won a points paying NASCAR Sprint Cup race you have to go back almost three years. It was June 15th, 2008 and the race was the ?Life Lock 400? at Michigan International Speedway. That was 99 races ago and in the time since to say that he has struggled is being kind.
The media has been full of reports .... Read the rest of this blog
- "Join, or Die" posted by Uptight Motorsports Nerd on April 3, 2011 (1 comment)
I hoped my days of crying for unification would end with the Champ Car/INDYCAR merger of 2008. While this merger didn?t solve all of American Open-Wheel racing?s problems, it solved the most important problems. Driver talent and financial resources are no longer divided between two series, new manufacturers are interested in investing in open-wheel .... Read the rest of this blog