Blog entries from June 2011:|
- "The Summer 2011 Journey Has Just Begun" posted by ajcrdstr24 on June 29, 2011 (0 comments)
The last time I blogged, I previewed my trip to Atlantic City and clued all of you readers in that I'll be making some journeys during the months of July and August. Unfortunately, I didn't fair too well in the tournament I played in or during the entire short-lived trip for that matter. I almost knocked a player or two out of the tournament for some .... Read the rest of this blog
- "Old vs. New Points after SONOMA" posted by Riverside on June 29, 2011 (0 comments)
First off, apologizes for this very, very late entry. I've couldn't post for three weeks because my keyboard stopped working. Turns out water stops it working, who knew? (That was a joke by the way.) I will re-continue this blog by posting all top three tiers as of this week, and I will try not to break my laptop in future!
Pos .... Read the rest of this blog
- "NASCAR: Stat Rundown of the Toyota / Save Mart 350" posted by Talon64 on June 29, 2011 (2 comments)
Kurt Busch won his 1st race of 2011 and the 23rd of his career, tying him with Ricky Rudd for 26th all time and 14th in the modern era; since 2001 he's 4th in wins behind only Jimmie Johnson (54), Jeff Gordon (32) and Tony Stewart (30).
His 10th consecutive season with a win ties him with Jimmie Johnson for 2nd longest among active drivers; .... Read the rest of this blog
- "The Greatest Sponsor/Driver Combinations" posted by Cooper on June 29, 2011 (7 comments)
NASCAR has proven to be a great sponsorship tool for companies all across America and the World. Having your company on the hood of a winning race car has proven to be a great asset to your success. Not only do millions of fans see your product every week, merchandise sales continue the marketing of your product everyday. Since Winston joined in 1972, .... Read the rest of this blog
- "Top 10 Best Firecracker 400s" posted by StreetDreamer83 on June 29, 2011 (7 comments)
Before I start this list, can we all agree that the July race at Daytona used to have one of the best race titles of all? It's little things like this that are missing in the sport today in my opinion. Back in the day, when someone mentioned "Firecracker 400" you knew immediately what race they were referring to. Nowadays sponsors change around at .... Read the rest of this blog
- "A Resurgent Busch Dominates at Infineon!" posted by drewh on June 28, 2011 (1 comment)
This Sunday?s NASCAR Sprint Cup Series race at California?s Infineon Raceway was a road race that acted like a Saturday night short track race.
By the time the race was over the garage area looked more like Martinsville than Sonoma.
Throughout the race there was a lot of pushing and shoving and just flat out intentional wrecking going .... Read the rest of this blog
- "Top 10 Predictions - Daytona" posted by G14 on June 27, 2011 (44 comments)
Winner - Clint Bowyer (but subject to change)
Dale Earnhardt Jr
Regan Smith .... Read the rest of this blog
- "Predictor Standings After Sears Point" posted by G14 on June 27, 2011 (1 comment)
Another week, another shut out for us players. To be fair this time, Kurt Busch?s win really did come out of left field. Anyway, since no one got the winner right, there wasn?t any major movement in the standings. Bon Gordon had the most points this weekend with 12, and the big story of the weekend was the DNQ from our defending champion and third .... Read the rest of this blog
- "Top 10 Best NASCAR Cup Sears Point Races" posted by StreetDreamer83 on June 23, 2011 (3 comments)
This week, NASCAR's Sprint Cup series heads to Northern California for the first of two road course races. The series has been visiting Sears Point Raceway (I don't call it Infineon) since 1989. There have been a lot of memorable moments at the track since NASCAR's Cup series, many of which will be relived here. Some had to be left off my list because .... Read the rest of this blog
- "Heluva So-So!" posted by The Vicar on June 21, 2011 (1 comment)
Another race is in the can.
2:36:50. (Time of race.) These are numbers drivers love. These are numbers some of us viewing fans are not crazy about. These are numbers anyone planning a special trip, spending maybe a thousand dollars as a family, and more time than 2:36:50 getting in and out of the track, should be ware of.
Otherwise, .... Read the rest of this blog
- "Introducing Chad Hackenbracht" posted by NASCARgirl01 on June 20, 2011 (2 comments)
I really became aware of Chad Hackenbracht towards the end of last year and into this one thanks to a friend who works with him. As the 2011 ARCA Racing series drew closer to its start, I kept up with Chad and anticipated how he would do at Daytona. Unfortunately that race took a turn for the worse just after halfway when his car flipped over and .... Read the rest of this blog
- "One more thing..." posted by G14 on June 20, 2011 (4 comments)
I forget to mention this in my last post, but I wanted to thank everyone for their participation. This game about a year ago, and it's amazing how far it has come along. I just went through last years points and I am surprised how much it has grown. Nothing astronomical, but impressive nonetheless. We have had a few new players lately that have been .... Read the rest of this blog
- "Predictor Standings After Michigan" posted by G14 on June 20, 2011 (0 comments)
Even though Denny Hamlin finished first and second at MIS last year, no one picked him to win. My advice? Don?t pick a driver you pull for cause he ain?t gonna win. Anyways, there are about six to seven guys that could win this weekend, so there is no excuse for no one getting the winner right this week. Joey stretched his lead this week over Brad .... Read the rest of this blog
- "Top 10 Predictions - Sears Point" posted by G14 on June 20, 2011 (30 comments)
I'm busy this morning, so I won't get the updated points until this afternoon.
Jimmie Johnson - winner
Carl Edwards .... Read the rest of this blog
- "Welcome to the World of Tomorrow! Come, your destiny awaits!" posted by Uptight Motorsports Nerd on June 16, 2011 (5 comments)
Last year I wrote a blog explaining the differences between fuel injection and carburetion.
This year I plan to go a step farther and explain the future of fuel injection. As I had previously explained, conventional multiport fuel injection involves spraying fuel (at 60psi) into .... Read the rest of this blog
- "Top 10 Best Michigan 1 Races" posted by StreetDreamer83 on June 14, 2011 (5 comments)
The upcoming race at Michigan this weekend marks the 42nd season that NASCAR's premiere division has visited the 2-mile speedway. Though the track isn't regarded as an historic track on the level of Daytona, Darlington or Martinsville, Michigan has produced several memorable moments throughout the years. The following is 10 of the races I felt were .... Read the rest of this blog
- "Foggy Mountain Brakedown" posted by The Vicar on June 13, 2011 (2 comments)
Another good race is in the can.
I love Pocono (at least on TV). This is not an opinion shared by all, as I have discovered. History has shown there are few close or exciting finishes. But there?s always good racing going on somewhere and drama surrounding the event. Not to mention the beauty and uniqueness of the venue. You could probably .... Read the rest of this blog
- "Gordon Poised to Make History." posted by drewh on June 13, 2011 (4 comments)
If you were at Atlanta Motor Speedway on November 15th, 1992 for the running of the Hooters 500 you were a witness to history. You saw Bill Elliot win the race and yet lose the season championship to Alan Kulwicki because Kulwicki led one more lap in that race than did Elliot. It was that close! You also witnessed the final race for Richard Petty as .... Read the rest of this blog
- "Top 10 Predictions - Michigan" posted by G14 on June 13, 2011 (27 comments)
Kyle Busch - winner
Brian Vickers .... Read the rest of this blog
- "Predictor Standings After Pocono" posted by G14 on June 13, 2011 (4 comments)
We have a new point leader. It appears that Captain77 may have been getting into Brad?s head these past few weeks, allowing Joey2448 to take advantage. Joey was one of four to correctly pick Jeff Gordon to win at Pocono. In doing so, he outscored Brad 18-8.
1. Joey2448 ? 150 (4)
2. Brad ? 144 (4)
3. Josh C ? 141 (3)
4. awesomegordonfan .... Read the rest of this blog
- "American Ethanol 400" posted by The Vicar on June 7, 2011 (0 comments)
It?s noogie time. Get up.
Another good race is in the can.
Fuel strategy is part of racing and the American Ethanol marketing folks should jump on this opportunity. But that scenario can get old pretty fast. Indeed, the next 2 or 3 races lend themselves to such a gambit. Beware.
That was a surprisingly decent Kansas race, .... Read the rest of this blog
- "Fuels Gold" posted by Riverside on June 7, 2011 (0 comments)
So another eventful run of NASCAR on FOX comes to an end.
A word on this before I begin: being British, we don?t get our own pre-race show, or own commentators, so the sudden change in broadcaster, for most of the British fans, is an oddity. But I must say I enjoy the FOX broadcast the most of all chosen broadcasters, even if they do dumb it .... Read the rest of this blog
- "Old vs. New Points after KANSAS 1" posted by Riverside on June 7, 2011 (0 comments)
All three series updated. Not much change in the Sprint Cup. New entries in Sprint Cup: CARPENTIER in 53rd (73 points); SAUTER in 54th (55 points) and RIGGS in 62nd (out of 63, 37 points).
In the Nationwide, EDWARDS is now a full win in front of battle for second. He still leads both series. Only one new entry: CRAWFORD in 93rd (of 96, 55 points).
The .... Read the rest of this blog
- "Top 10 Best Pocono 1 Races" posted by StreetDreamer83 on June 7, 2011 (2 comments)
An explaination for the uninitiated: Over the years, many NASCAR fans have dubbed the first or second races at a track 1 or 2 (ie: Dover 1, Dover 2.) This of course is to help differentiate each race since there are only a handful of races that have an established historic name (ie: Daytona 500, Coca-Cola 600, even the Coke Zero 400.) This week a .... Read the rest of this blog
- "What's New?" posted by webmaster on June 7, 2011 (15 comments)
Welcome to the new racing-reference.info! We hope you like the new look, but a lot more has changed than just some colors:
We now have data from NASCAR on pit stops (starting in mid-2010) and crew chiefs. Some of the data on crew chiefs has been obtained from media guides and other sources and in some cases goes back to the 1960s! There .... Read the rest of this blog
- "A Few Random Thoughts on the Race Weekend." posted by drewh on June 6, 2011 (0 comments)
Brad Keselowski?s win in the STP 400 at Kansas Speedway on Sunday was mostly overshadowed by the dust up between Richard Childress and Kyle Busch that occurred the day before after the finish of the Camping World Truck race. It seems Childress took exception to the treatment that Busch gave to Childress? rookie driver Joey Coulter after the checkered .... Read the rest of this blog
- "Top 10 Predictions - Pocono" posted by G14 on June 6, 2011 (28 comments)
Dale Jr - winner
Martin Truex .... Read the rest of this blog
- "Predictor Standings After Kansas" posted by G14 on June 6, 2011 (4 comments)
Despite no one picking Brad Keselowski to win this week, the point totals were much higher than the last race at Charlotte. Brad the RR player continues to lead, but his three closest followers ? Joey2448, Josh C, and Kevin17fan ? all have a realistic shot of taking over the point lead the next race, given they pick the winning driver. The highest .... Read the rest of this blog
- "Top 10 Best Cup Races at Kansas Speedway" posted by StreetDreamer83 on June 2, 2011 (8 comments)
Before I anything else, let me inform you what I will be doing with this blog. The week before each Sprint Cup race from here on until whenever I decide to quit, I will be posting my own personal Top 10 of the Best Races in my own opinion. For example, last week I would have posted what I thought were the Top 10 Best Coca-Cola/World 600s. There will .... Read the rest of this blog