Blog entries from September 2011:|
- "Out For The Count?" posted by Riverside on September 28, 2011 (1 comment)
A wise man once said: Never count Tony Stewart out.
Fuel mileage king Stewart must definitely be on a high following New Hampshire. He must know that consistency is key in the Chase, and if there has been anyone who has done consistency this year, its Stewart. To make the Chase with no wins means making points count every week, and with his .... Read the rest of this blog
- "Legerdemain Mile 300" posted by The Vicar on September 28, 2011 (0 comments)
Another race is in the can.
So I sat down to watch a stock car race and an F1 race broke out. Thanks to the mercy of Nascar, eventually a yellow flag appeared. Does Nascar have a death wish? Staging 30-40% of the "playoffs" at tracks such as New Hampshire that not only have less than average racing, but also tend to add fuel strategy to the .... Read the rest of this blog
- "Old vs. New Points after NEW HAMPSHIRE" posted by Riverside on September 28, 2011 (0 comments)
Sprint Cup and Truck Series updated.
The only man probably out of this is HAMLIN. He's 224 points behind, a big gap to to make up out of the Chase, let alone in. JOHNSON also suprises me being that far down the order, however he only has half HAMLIN's gap to make up, which could be easily made up in two races.
DILLON extends his lead .... Read the rest of this blog
- "RR Forum Fantasy Game Picks: Dover" posted by Candraco on September 26, 2011 (7 comments)
Results for the Sylvania 300:
Candraco: #14, 1st (47) & #29, 12th (33)
ShakeNBake: #24, 4th (42) & #18, 11th (33)
Cooper: #24, 4th (42) & #29, 12th (33)
T-27: #14, 1st (47) & #48, 18th (27)
RotaryX7: #14, 1st (47) & #48, 18th (27)
Total: .... Read the rest of this blog
- "Top 10 Predictions - Dover" posted by G14 on September 26, 2011 (27 comments)
Brad Keselowski - winner
.... Read the rest of this blog
- "Predictor Standings After Loudon" posted by G14 on September 26, 2011 (4 comments)
1. Joey2448 - 286 (6)
2. JGF - 271 (4)
3. Brad - 269 (5)
4. Kevin17fan - 267 (4)
5. T-27 - 259 (3)
6. forman400b - 252 (4)
7. Bon Gordon -252 (2)
8. awesomegordonfan - 246 (4)
9. Zedfan - 233 (2)
10. Bad Bradovich - 228 (4)
11. Sheamus - 224 (1)
12. ii - 223 (2)
13. I Seize the Day - 221
14. Blake .... Read the rest of this blog
- "Fortunate" posted by ajcrdstr24 on September 25, 2011 (0 comments)
It's been awhile since I've been able to compose a new blog post, mostly because I've spent most of my time recently working and traveling more than usual. During the minimal amount of down time I had during my latest travel to Dallas, Texas for a workshop last week, I've been reflecting a bit on the opportunities I've come across as well as the ability .... Read the rest of this blog
- "RR Forum Fantsy Game Picks" posted by Candraco on September 23, 2011 (3 comments)
Since the forums are currently closed, i did not want that to stop us little merry band of members who keep the forum fantasy game alive... points and results from last weeks race can be calculated later, however, everyone missing a race will screw up our game.
so you can make your picks here in the comments section, so it can be counted for .... Read the rest of this blog
- "Old vs. New Points after CHICAGO" posted by Riverside on September 22, 2011 (0 comments)
Everybody running out of fuel on the last lap helped STEWART to an great victory, however it's HARVICK and KESELOWSKI who scale to an early lead. However, that is the keyword: early. It will be a couple of races before we see some clear contenders (apart from HAMLIN).
In the Truck Series, DILLON's win puts him only two points into the lead. .... Read the rest of this blog
- "Addressing the Elephant" posted by Uptight Motorsports Nerd on September 22, 2011 (2 comments)
When I first decided to write a blog around the 10th anniversary of 9/11, I thought I would attempt a bait-and-switch opening where it sounds like I'm going to write about terrorism, but instead write about something relevant to racing at the time such as Alex Zanardi losing his legs in a Champ Car race but still making a career comeback in touring .... Read the rest of this blog
- "Fast And Not So Furious 400" posted by The Vicar on September 21, 2011 (2 comments)
Another race is in the can.
With tracks such as Chicago, Loudon and Kansas being part of the 'Chase', we can expect the midweek news to continue to be more interesting than the on-track activity - i.e. 'spingate' at Richmond. Although it was fairly obvious from radio communications from the 27 team that shenanigans were afoot at one point, .... Read the rest of this blog
- "Top 10 Predicitons - Loudon" posted by G14 on September 20, 2011 (31 comments)
Ryan Newman - winner
Kevin Harvick .... Read the rest of this blog
- "Predictor Standings After Chicago" posted by G14 on September 20, 2011 (7 comments)
I will have Loudon predictions up shortly after this.
1. Joey 2448 - 282 (6)
2. Brad - 264 (5)
3. JGF - 263 (4)
4. Kevin17fan - 250 (3)
5. forman400b - 246 (4)
6. Bon Gordon - 244 (2)
7. T-27 - 242 (2)
8. awesomegordonfan - 240 (4)
9. Zedfan - 228 (2)
10. Bad Bradovich - 225 (4)
11. ii - 219 (2)
12. Sheamus .... Read the rest of this blog
- "Old vs. New Points after RICHMOND 2: Its Chase Time!" posted by Riverside on September 14, 2011 (3 comments)
Sprint Cup and Nationwide updated.
So after all those overstretched calculations, as always, the Chase didn't change at all. We have our 12 participants for our old style Chase, which, funnily enough, is the same as our new style chase. Begs the question why they changed the points system in the first place, but we could argue about that for .... Read the rest of this blog
- "Teamwork 400" posted by The Vicar on September 13, 2011 (7 comments)
Another good race is in the can.
I suspect Kevin Harvick's new best friend is Paul Menard. It was likely the 24 was going to be victorious, but coincidentally - and without public instructions from the pit - the already crippled 27 just happened to lose it at the least harmful part of the track. I've got to give him high marks for loyalty. .... Read the rest of this blog
- "Sizzlers & Fizzlers after Wonderful Pistachios 400" posted by Mik Maq racer83 on September 12, 2011 (0 comments)
1.Jeff Gordon - Things are looking up for the living legend. This is the best we have seen from him in almost 10 years.
2.David Ragan - Came so close to a berth in the chase. He will be one to watch in 2012.
3.Mark Martin- Closing out his tenure at Hendrick with a bang. Running awfully well as of late. .... Read the rest of this blog
- "2011 Chase For The Championship Preview and Predictions" posted by Cooper on September 12, 2011 (6 comments)
In my opinion, 2011 has been one of the most thrilling, exciting, and exhilarating seasons that NASCAR has seen in recent memory. And it's because of this, that I believe this years chase will be no different. Whether it's been the first time winners, the wacky race strategies, or the constant rivalries on and off the track, this season has kept NASCAR .... Read the rest of this blog
- "Top 10 Predictions - Chicagoland" posted by G14 on September 12, 2011 (28 comments)
Greg Biffle - winner
Marcos Ambrose .... Read the rest of this blog
- "Predictor Standings After Richmond" posted by G14 on September 12, 2011 (1 comment)
Congrats to Brad and Riverside for picking Harvick to win. For Brad, it was a much needed victory as he closes back in on the lead. Riverside gets his first win on the year, and now we just have a couple of winless players.
I was doing some math this morning trying to figure out how many points one must make up on Joey in these next ten .... Read the rest of this blog
- "Tuesday Afternoon 500" posted by The Vicar on September 9, 2011 (1 comment)
Another good race is in the can.
Many love them. The rest hate them. But that last 10 lap battle was worth the price of admission. (Or infinitely more if you were only watching on tv.) Although the outcome was less in doubt that we were led to believe, it was a battle that will be long remembered and cited.
More importantly, considering .... Read the rest of this blog
- "Old vs. New Points after ATLANTA" posted by Riverside on September 7, 2011 (2 comments)
All three series updated.
So here's the Chase sitch: Places 1 to 8 are in. Places 9 through 12 haven't clinched a place yet, and 13 to 16 do have a realistic, yet slim chance of making it to the chase. Since I'm not that great at maths, I'm not going to put individual clinch scenarios, as it will take ages, but I greatly anticipate the hypothetical .... Read the rest of this blog
- "Predictor Standings After Atlanta" posted by G14 on September 7, 2011 (2 comments)
Damn you Joey. Just kidding. Well sort of. By picking up your sixth win of the year, you are starting to run away with this, 20 points over second place JGF. Still, there are 11 races left, so plenty of time for everyone to still get hot.
This was a great weekend overall for everyone. I was pretty proud of myself for getting 8 out of the .... Read the rest of this blog
- "Sizzlers & Fizzlers after AdvoCare 500" posted by Mik Maq racer83 on September 6, 2011 (1 comment)
1.Jeff Gordon - A blast from the past, yes it's been four long years since Gordon won multiple races in a season.
2.Brad Keselowski - No joke BK is in the top 10 yet again ! I said it once and will say it again! Darkhorse to win it all in the chase.
3.A.J. Allmendinger - Even if dinger misses the chase .... Read the rest of this blog
- "Top 10 Predictions - Richmond" posted by G14 on September 6, 2011 (30 comments)
Going to go ahead and post for this Saturday's race.
Clint Bowyer - winner
Ryan Newman .... Read the rest of this blog
- "Return Of The Deuce" posted by Riverside on September 1, 2011 (4 comments)
I like Brad K. The first NASCAR race I watched was that 2009 Talledega race, Brad's first win and the start of the Edwards-Keselowski saga.
Now at that time, I knew nothing about NASCAR rules, regulations or teams, but I know talent when I see it, and it was at that point I became a Brad K fan for life, and I for one am excited about the prospect .... Read the rest of this blog