Blog entries from October 2011:|
- "Top 10 Predictions - Texas" posted by G14 on October 31, 2011 (29 comments)
Greg Biffle - winner
Jeff Gordon .... Read the rest of this blog
- "Predictor Standings After Martinsville" posted by G14 on October 31, 2011 (4 comments)
Looks like we've got a few people throwing in the towel and calling it a season. Because of that, I may actually end the year in the top 10! Pretty good week overall, as plenty of participants got four out of the top-5 correct. Nico Rosberg Fan was the high scorer this week with 26 points, and that is probably a record high, considering the highest .... Read the rest of this blog
- "An Astonishing Season, A Championship Battle to Match" posted by SK on October 29, 2011 (0 comments)
Right from the outset, 2011 had the feel of a magical year.
The events of February alone were special, meaningful, unlikely enough to seal the nascent campaign in a permanent place in stock car racing's history books, no matter what might have developed after.
There was Michael Waltrip, the enterprising journeyman-turned-car owner .... Read the rest of this blog
- "NASCAR Cup: Carl Edwards and 1-win champions" posted by Talon64 on October 27, 2011 (5 comments)
With 4 races to go in the NASCAR Sprint Cup Series season, Carl Edwards is in a position that he's been in for the majority of the year: On top of the standings.
And it's easy to figure he should if you look at his 2011 numbers. He's led the standings after 20 of 32 races, he easily leads the series in top 5's (16), top 10's (22), and he's .... Read the rest of this blog
- "Good Gracious 500" posted by The Vicar on October 26, 2011 (8 comments)
Another race (and I use that term loosely) is in the can.
I didn't mention "Nascar" once last week. That must mean they weren't intrusive and did a good job. Thanks. Unfortunately, this week is different.
This Noah's Ark type racing was cute for a while. Now it's just silly, if not embarrassing to the sport. Racing has always had its .... Read the rest of this blog
- "Old vs. New Points after TALLADEGA 2" posted by Riverside on October 26, 2011 (1 comment)
Sprint Cup and Trucks updated.
Tandem drafting plus the nature of Talladega have thrown a curveball at the standings. HARVICK has dropped down, whilst KESELOWSKI has slipped into second. With four races to go, one may think that NEWMAN's and HAMLIN's Chase, and possibly J.GORDON's and EARNHARDT JR's Chase is over. In addition to that, just .... Read the rest of this blog
- "Predictor Standings After Dega" posted by G14 on October 25, 2011 (4 comments)
As is the case with restrictor plate racing, just about every contestant had a below average week. We had two players that actually scored zero points this weekend, which is something I don't think has happened all year. Joey extended his lead over Kevin by just a little bit, but it is still really close at the top.
Spen, you will notice .... Read the rest of this blog
- "A Letter to Ricky Hendrick" posted by NASCARgirl01 on October 24, 2011 (2 comments)
I know you won't see this letter, but I wanted to tell you that I still miss you and think about you every day. Each year it gets harder to tell how things might have been if you were still here. It seemed pretty clear to me until last year, especially relating to Brian Vickers. If you were here, I'm sure he would have still .... Read the rest of this blog
- "Top 10 Predictions - Martinsville" posted by G14 on October 24, 2011 (22 comments)
Super busy at work this morning, will post updated standings this afternoon or tomorrow morning.
Denny Hamlin - winner
Jamie McMurray .... Read the rest of this blog
- "North Carolina Never Ceases To Amaze Me" posted by ajcrdstr24 on October 20, 2011 (0 comments)
So much to see, so much to do and such friendly people. Maybe I've just been fortunate, but that pretty much sums up my experiences in North Carolina to date. I arrived at my hotel in Hickory early Thursday evening a few weekends ago and from then straight through the time I packed by bags and started heading back home on Sunday morning it was non-stop .... Read the rest of this blog
- "Jack (Not) In The Box 500" posted by The Vicar on October 20, 2011 (0 comments)
Another race is in the can.
Aahh - it's that time again in Charlotte: wild onions, late colors, roaring engines, and the "ring of fire" (per ESPN folk).
During the 1st 80% of the race, I was thinking maybe I owe you all in places such as New Hampshire, Kansas and Chicago an apology. The racing Saturday night was certainly reminiscent .... Read the rest of this blog
- "Gold Coast and the Dan Wheldon Memorial Trophy" posted by myothercarisanM535i on October 20, 2011 (0 comments)
We, the motorsport community, suffered a terrible loss this week. Dan Wheldon was one of the true great drivers of our time and will be sorely missed. But we will also pay tribute to Dan and racing will continue. It's what he would have wanted.
This weekend, Surfers Paradise on the Gold Coast plays host to races 21 and 22 of the 2011 V8 Supercar .... Read the rest of this blog
- "Old vs. New Points after CHARLOTTE 2" posted by Riverside on October 18, 2011 (0 comments)
All three series updated.
JOHNSON's crash hasn't put him completely out of the Chase run, he has made up bigger gaps than 108 points in the past, so 6-in-a-row is still on, but EDWARDS now has a head in the search for his first title.
EDWARDS can also wrap up the Nationwide series next week. He needs just 57 points for the magic 390 .... Read the rest of this blog
- "RIP Dan Wheldon 1978-2011" posted by Riverside on October 18, 2011 (0 comments)
Writing this I still feel upset about the death of Indycar driver Dan Wheldon. The way in which this tragedy ahs unfurled itself has been almost prophetic, and pulls so many chilling similarities to other high profile deaths in other motorsports. On a day that was supposed to be a day of crowing champions, events have eclipsed the fact we have a champion .... Read the rest of this blog
- "Sizzlers & fizzlers after the Bank of America 500" posted by Mik Maq racer83 on October 18, 2011 (0 comments)
1.Kasey Kahne - Over the past few weeks ol blue eyes arguably has been the best driver (Chase and non chase)on the tour. Can"t wait to see him shine in the 5 car in 2012.
2.Matt Kenseth - Our media compadres gave matty boy an outside chance of winning the title. After Saturday night's performance it's fair to say matt upgraded .... Read the rest of this blog
- "Top 10 Predicitons - Talladega" posted by G14 on October 18, 2011 (43 comments)
David Ragan - Winner
Denny Hamlin .... Read the rest of this blog
- "Predictor Standings After Charlotte" posted by G14 on October 18, 2011 (0 comments)
1. Joey2448 - 317 (6)
2. Kevin17fan - 311 (5)
3. JGF - 302 (4)
4. T-27 - 301 (4)
5. Brad - 290 (5)
6. Bon Gordon - 285 (2)
7. awesomegordonfan - 269 (4)
8. forman400b - 263 (4)
9. I Seize the Day - 261 (1)
10. Sheamus - 258 (2)
11. Zedfan - 256 (4)
12. Bad Bradovich - 253 (4)
13. ii - 247 (2)
14. Dodge .... Read the rest of this blog
- "Goodbye Dan Wheldon" posted by G14 on October 17, 2011 (10 comments)
I am going to hold off on posting the standings or predictions today. I will have them up tomorrow, but on this day, I would like to remember Dan Wheldon.
Like many of you, I was shocked and sadden to hear of Wheldon's passing yesterday. I had just made it home from a wonderful weekend of camping out at Charlotte when I went to check the .... Read the rest of this blog
- "The Adventures of Algebra and Physics" posted by Uptight Motorsports Nerd on October 13, 2011 (8 comments)
For many years we have been told that open-wheel cars can't race at Talladega and Daytona because it is too dangerous. They say, "The track is too fast," and "the cars would get airborne." I have investigated the possibilities. I have done the math. I believe an IndyCar at Daytona or Talladega would be less dangerous than a Sprint Cup race at either .... Read the rest of this blog
- "Through the visor - Round 1 of the 2011/12 BMW Sprint Series" posted by myothercarisanM535i on October 12, 2011 (0 comments)
Just recently, I fulfilled a childhood dream - to become a motorsport competitor. In February this year, after more than six months of searching, I picked up my pride and joy: a 1986 BMW M535i. It's a beautiful machine that represents perhaps one of the best interpretations of 1980's automotive design and even now, 25 years on, it still feels like a .... Read the rest of this blog
- "Crap Shoot 400" posted by The Vicar on October 11, 2011 (1 comment)
Another race is in the can.
I am inching closer and closer to finding a new passion. My quest was postponed somewhat by the late caution that took the pure fuel mileage aspect out of the picture, but once again the miraculously timed debris caution straddling the fuel window still had a significant effect on the final rundown.
We didn't .... Read the rest of this blog
- "Top 10 Precitions - Charlotte" posted by G14 on October 10, 2011 (31 comments)
Jimmie Johnson - winner
Dale Earnhardt Jr.
Matt Kenseth .... Read the rest of this blog
- "Predictor Standings After Kansas" posted by G14 on October 10, 2011 (1 comment)
Business is picking up! Kevin17fan scored the win this weekend and is now within 3 points of Joey. JGF isn't too far behind in third either. For the most part, everyone did really well this weekend with many getting at least three drivers in the top-5.
I would say at this point it is down to the top five contestants, and you will need to .... Read the rest of this blog
- "RR Forum Fantasy Dover Results, Rules & Redirect." posted by Candraco on October 6, 2011 (5 comments)
Since our forums have been restored our merry little band has moved our game back over there, but since we moved onto the bloggers part of the site we gained 2 more players in the game (ii, And Dodge) and would love if you guys would continue to play the game, only you have to go over to the forums instead of here. Also ANYONE .... Read the rest of this blog
- "The Race is On: How Cole Whitt and Parker Kligerman Line Up" posted by NASCARgirl01 on October 5, 2011 (2 comments)
If you asked some NASCAR fans to name a few promising young drivers, two that would undoubtedly be mentioned are Cole Whitt and Parker Kligerman. Both of them have had exceptional runs in the Camping World Truck series this year although their finishes don't necessarily reflect that. Still, the attention they have earned is well deserved.
At .... Read the rest of this blog
- "America, meet Bathurst" posted by myothercarisanM535i on October 5, 2011 (5 comments)
The Bathurst 1000. 161 laps. 620 miles. One treacherous Mountain and a full field of V8 Supercars. This 1000 kilometre classic is without a doubt one of the greatest races in the world and this year, American race fans will be getting coverage like never before. With the announcement that the V8 Supercar championship will be making its first ever trip .... Read the rest of this blog
- "Old vs. New Points after DOVER 2" posted by Riverside on October 3, 2011 (0 comments)
All three series updated.
Pos - Driver - Points - Actual
1 - EDWARDS - 5487 - 2nd
2 - HARVICK - 5481 - 1st
3 - KESELOWSKI - 5478 - 6th
4 - STEWART - 5468 - 4th
5 - KURT BUSCH - 5452 - 3rd
6 - JOHNSON - 5443 - 5th
7 - KENSETH - 5435 - 7th
8 - KYLE BUSCH - 5427 - 8th
9 - J.GORDON - 5418 - 9th
10 .... Read the rest of this blog
- "Top 10 Predictions - Kansas" posted by G14 on October 3, 2011 (28 comments)
Carl Edwards - winner
Kyle Busch .... Read the rest of this blog
- "Predictor Standings After Dover" posted by G14 on October 3, 2011 (0 comments)
No one picked Kurt Busch to win this week; as a matter of fact, it looked like only a couple of people had him in the top-5. The common trend seemed to be many getting three of the top-5 correct, that being Johnson, Edwards, and Kenseth.
For any new participants in the last few weeks, please note I am not posting any new scores. With 29 races .... Read the rest of this blog
- "Blame It on the Rain" posted by Uptight Motorsports Nerd on October 3, 2011 (2 comments)
I have long been an advocate of rain tires (both on road courses and certain ovals), but I understand there's a point where racing is just a bad idea. And even in those circumstances I am unsatisfied by the contingency plans put forth by both NASCAR and INDYCAR. I wish to present an alternative that I believe will satisfy all.
The current .... Read the rest of this blog