Blog entries from November 2010:|
- "2010 In Review" posted by Gene Haddock on November 29, 2010 (4 comments)
My lighthearted look back at 2010 skips right over January and kicks off in.....
February saw us cranking the season up in Daytona. Having our season begin with our biggest race, our Super Bowl, if you will. Does that make us more progressive than the other sports? The Daytona 500 saw a driver no one wanted, in a car no one wanted to drive, .... Read the rest of this blog
- "What Now?" posted by drewh on November 29, 2010 (10 comments)
So, now what do I do? The NASCAR season is over, as is the NHRA, Formula 1, and just about every other form of racing! Local racing has stopped for the winter. And here I sit, rummaging through old video tapes looking for some long forgotten race that might be fun to watch.
There?s nothing on weekend TV except football and basketball. I?ve .... Read the rest of this blog
- "FedUp" posted by The Vicar on November 23, 2010 (4 comments)
Another great race and year are in the can.
I didn?t get to see Babe Ruth play, but witnessing the 48 dynasty must be a similar experience. They?ll be well above average for the unforeseeable future, but I just can?t picture a 6th in a row. Not only are other contenders gaining on them, it doesn?t seem plausible that the 48 team can continue .... Read the rest of this blog
- "Final Predictor Standings" posted by G14 on November 22, 2010 (3 comments)
Great season everyone. Once again, congrats to Josh. For our awards banquet, the top 10 are allowed to make a speech in the comments section (awesome honor, I know). I look forward to doing this again come February, maybe the folks here at RR could work with me to get a prize for first place next year! I will also be looking in the offseason to make .... Read the rest of this blog
- "Dynasty!" posted by drewh on November 22, 2010 (8 comments)
The dictionary defines dynasty as; ?a sequence of rulers from the same family, stock, or group.?
Can anyone deny that Rick Hendrick has built a NASCAR dynasty? Over the last sixteen Cup seasons, a team from Hendrick Motorsports has occupied the head table at the annual awards banquet ten times.
Once again this year, as it has been .... Read the rest of this blog
- "2010 F1 Quick Season Review" posted by Riverside on November 21, 2010 (1 comment)
It came to this Sunday and I turned on my TV and was disappointed when no F1 was on. Then I remembered that it?s over! You get so into the season you just expect to carry on forever, but not so. So let?s have a quick look back at the best and worst moments in momentous season.
BEST RACE: Canada
Lewis Hamilton?s drive to the championship .... Read the rest of this blog
- "Green Flag: Ethanol" posted by Uptight Motorsports Nerd on November 20, 2010 (2 comments)
I don?t care for using the word ?green? in reference to the environmental movement, but you must admit that when applied to racing, it makes a pretty sweet pun. This post marks the start of a 4ish-part series of blogs devoted to alternative fuels in racing.
NASCAR has already announced its intention to introduce ethanol fuel into the Sprint .... Read the rest of this blog
- "It Is Almost Snowball Derby Time!" posted by ajcrdstr24 on November 18, 2010 (3 comments)
As I sit at my computer typing this blog, I keep counting down the days for what might be the single most exciting trip of my life! On Tuesday, November 30 I will depart the Harrisburg International Airport and connect to a flight to Pensacola from Charlotte. Amazingly, it will be my first time outside the eastern time zone. After arriving in Pensacola, .... Read the rest of this blog
- "NASCARÔ??s Next Superstar" posted by NASCARgirl01 on November 18, 2010 (8 comments)
?If you were going to create the ideal NASCAR driver, how would you begin? How old would they be? How tall? What color would you make their eyes, their hair??
You might recognize that as the beginning of a commercial about the Drive to Diversity program, but my answers to those questions would be ?19 years old?, ?short?, ?brown? and ?red?. .... Read the rest of this blog
- "A Wigwam And A Tepee" posted by The Vicar on November 16, 2010 (1 comment)
Another great race is in the can.
Well, I?ve got a cryptic title and not much else. Too bad, considering all that went on and the ramifications of the event. Maybe I?m still in shock that the next race is no longer anticlimactic. I sure didn?t feel that way when there were 20 to go.
Do you think the 71 might have .... Read the rest of this blog
- "Passing a Long Lost Art in Formula One" posted by Cooper on November 15, 2010 (10 comments)
As another season in Formula One is in the history books, one has to wonder will Formula One ever regain it's popularity of the past. The battles of Senna and Prost; Fittipaldi and Stewart and even Schumacher and Hakkinen are long gone. As a child of the 90's I grew up as a formula one fan. Waking up at 7 am to turn on the race rather than cartoons .... Read the rest of this blog
- "F1 2010 Season Review: A Tale of 5 Drivers" posted by Talon64 on November 15, 2010 (0 comments)
F1 2010 Season Review: A Tale of 5 Drivers
The 2010 Formula 1 season saw a great championship battle come to a conclusion that rivalled 2007?s amazing finale. In a year that saw team order controversy thrust back to the forefront with some teammate feuding mixed in, 5 different drivers led the standings and wrote the story of the season. Well, .... Read the rest of this blog
- "Top 10 Predictions - Homestead" posted by G14 on November 15, 2010 (11 comments)
Even though the championship is decided, we should all have the chance to go out with a bang.
Matt Kenseth - winner
Clint Bowyer .... Read the rest of this blog
- "Predictor Standings After Phoenix NEW CHAMP" posted by G14 on November 15, 2010 (0 comments)
Congrats to Josh C for kicking everyone's ass and becoming the inaugural Predictor Cup champ. Race for second is still good, as well as 5th to 7th place.
1. Josh C - 129
2. Smoke - 104
3. G14 - 103
4. Fun Gus -100
5. Matt1986 - 91
6. Seize - 90
7. Riverside - 86
8. JGF - 70
9. Sheamus - 68
10. Roushfan - .... Read the rest of this blog
- "What Are These Guys Talking About?" posted by drewh on November 15, 2010 (5 comments)
Are the professional writers who cover NASCAR trying to create more hype and drama than is really there? You might think so if you look through the crop of articles and blogs that are out there this Monday morning.
In case you?ve just returned from a three month stay on the international space station or you?ve been too busy organizing your .... Read the rest of this blog
- "Can Pastrana Save NASCAR?" posted by Gene Haddock on November 12, 2010 (21 comments)
Travis Pastrana is the biggest Action Sports star of all time. He's the all time gold medal winner at the X-Games with 16, and counting. With his MTV shows, and daredevil stunts, he has millions of young fans. Will that coveted demographic follow him to NASCAR?
I believe they will tune in to check their boy out. But, I wouldn't be surprised .... Read the rest of this blog
- "Crews On In - Crews On Out" posted by The Vicar on November 9, 2010 (1 comment)
Another great race is in the can.
The 24/48 crew swap may not be the right thing to do regardless if it proves to be productive. Maybe it just feels wrong because, to my knowledge, it?s never been done before. Whatever one believes, the cry ?Why break up a 4 time championship team?? is inapplicable. I?m pretty certain that the .... Read the rest of this blog
- "Weekend Warriors" posted by Riverside on November 9, 2010 (0 comments)
An interesting weekend to say the least.
F1 saw the title race get closer going into the final race in Abu Dhabi. Alonso, Webber and Vettel all separated by 14 points sees the Red Bull rivalry develop further. Surely advantage Red Bull: they still have the fastest car, so it?s just a case of getting both cars in front of Alonso. But then what .... Read the rest of this blog
- "Top Ten Predictions - Phoenix" posted by G14 on November 8, 2010 (10 comments)
Kevin Harvick - winner .... Read the rest of this blog
- "Predictor Standings After Texas" posted by G14 on November 8, 2010 (0 comments)
1. Josh C - 123
2. Smoke - 100 (Must gain 8 points on Josh this weekend to stay in the hunt.)
3. G14 - 98 (Must gain 10 points)
4. Fun Gus - 96 (Must gain 12)
5. Matt1986 - 88
6. Seize - 87
7. Riverside - 80
8. JGF - 70
9. Sheamus - 63
10. Roushfan - 53
11. Mike - 47
12. Millertime .... Read the rest of this blog
- "Carl Edwards gives a surprise to fans at Texas" posted by Number1NASCARFan on November 6, 2010 (7 comments)
After the NASCAR Nationwide Series O'Reilly Auto Parts Challenge at Texas Motor Speedway, the fans waited for the celebration of the race winner, Carl Edwards. And they knew what was coming. Or did they?
Carl got out of his car, stood in front of the crowd at Texas, and did his back flip. Just like normal.
There .... Read the rest of this blog
- "Curses! The Moody Blues 500" posted by The Vicar on November 2, 2010 (8 comments)
?Go Now.? (Chad Knauss)
Another intense race is in the can.
If Regan Smith had any doubts he?s a race winner before, he surely has none after the Truck race. This we know: the 18 passed below the yellow line(s); he was not forced below the line. Nascar?s interpretation seems to be the 18 was forced by physics. That may be true, but .... Read the rest of this blog
- "Top 10 Predictions - Texas" posted by G14 on November 1, 2010 (15 comments)
Jimmie Johnson - winner
Dale Earnhardt Jr.
Matt Kenseth .... Read the rest of this blog
- "Predictor Standings After Dega" posted by G14 on November 1, 2010 (0 comments)
1. Josh C - 114
2. G14 - 94
3. Fun Gus - 91
4. Smoke - 91
5. Seize - 82
6. Matt1986 - 78
7. Riverside - 74
8. JGF - 67
9. Sheamus - 59
10. Roushfan - 53
11. Mike - 47
12. Smiff - 38
13. Millertime - 35
14. ii - 33
15. Blake - 31
16. New14/88Fan - 29
17. awesomegordonfan .... Read the rest of this blog