Checker or Wreckers writes:
"Cup Preview: Sonoma"
Posted by Number1NASCARFan on June 18, 2010
Viewed 284 times
NASCAR's top series heads to the right and left turns of Infineon Raceway this weekend. As the Chase gets closer and closer, many teams will be under the microscope as they try to make it into NASCAR's playoffs. As we head into the first of the two road course races of the year, here's what to look out for.
* Can Denny Hamlin continue his hot streak again going into a road race? He's been not only the man on top at JGR, but the man on top of the sport. If he can win at Sonoma, he can officially mark himself as a championship contender. Will he be saying, "All we do is win," again this weekend?
* Can Kyle Busch rebound from last weekend at Michigan at a track where he has won before? Remember, a road course doesn't throw Kyle off very much. Will Busch be able to be the man on top for once lately?
* Can Jimmie Johnson get back to his winning ways? Since the spoiler, Jimmie has been in a slump, if you want to call it that. Can he be back on top? If so, it will be a surprise; he has never won at any road course before.
* Can Jimmie's teammate Jeff Gordon get back to victory lane? He has gotten so close on many occasions, however has not been able to pull it off. A win at a road course for the 24 team would not be at all a surprise.
* Can Dale Earnhardt Jr. keep the ball rolling? It just started to roll, but he needs it to get it rolling faster, because the Chase is coming up and there are two road races in between, which have not shown Junior good results in the past. He seems to struggle in the summer stretch, so these next few races are going be crucial.
* Can Kevin Harvick hold on the points lead? He only has a 22 point lead over Kyle Busch.
So as the drivers turn left and right this weekend, it should be interesting to see how it all turns out and how much of an effect this race will have on points.
Opinions expressed in blogs are those of the individual bloggers and do not necessarily represent the views of racing-reference.info.