1.Greg Biffle (LW 2nd)- The Biff has finished 3rd in the first 2 races of the 2012 season.A great start for guy most (myself included) had written off before the start of the 2012 season.
Biffle's best Vegas finish was 3rd in 2008.
2.Denny Hamlin (LW 7th)- Apparently Denny has recovered from his 2010 runner up hangover. Based on their Phoenix performance it's likely we'll see more of the Denny & Darian show in full force throughout the 2012 season.
Last Sunday's victory marked the first time Denny Hamlin visited victory lane without longtime crew chief Mike Ford. Last Sunday's victory was also marked Darian Grubb's 4th time visiting victory lane with four different drivers.
3.Matt Kenseth (LW 1st) - The two time Daytona 500 champion hit a bit of rough patch in Phoenix,but even in a back up car pulled out a respectable finish.
Kenseth scored back to back wins at Vegas in 03,04
4.Kevin Harvick ( LW 8th) - Harvick's fuel milegae gambled failed in the final lap of last Sunday's race. Luckily he was able to salvage a 2nd place finish.
Harvick has never won a Sprint cup series event at Las Vegas.
5. Jimmie Johnson ( LW 19th) - Jimmie Johnson remained poised throughout the week despite the fact his team is facing some major challenges in the weeks ahead. A fifth Vegas win would put this team right back in the thick of things. Hey adversity builds character!
6.Mark Martin (LW 6th)- Showing no signs of slowing down. A pole & 2 top 10 finishes to start his 2012 season.
Martin won the inaugural Sprint Cup Series event at Las Vegas in 1998.
7. Kyle Busch (LW 15th)- Rowdy ran a pretty clean race at Phoenix finishing a strong 6th. He will be looking for his 2nd victory at his home track this weekend.
8. Martin Truex, Jr (LW 9th)- The clam prince of New Jersey looks poised to break a nearly four year winless drought. He finished 6th at Vegas last season. Could he hit the jackpot this weekend and score his 2nd career victory?
9.Carl Edwards (LW 1st) - Off to a sluggish start to the 2012 season, but don't worry it's cousin Carl we are talking about right? We'll see his patient backflip in no time right ???
Carl's lone victory in 2011 was this race one year ago.
10.Joey Logano (LW 14th) - If Logano is fighting for his job at JGR he's putting up one heck of fight thus far.
Logano finished 6th at Vegas in 2010.
11. Brad Keselowski (LW N/R)- Brad's Garnering a multitude of media attention for his frequent usage of Twitter. Go figure who would have thought Twitter would be NASCAR's saving grace? Don't forget to tweet this boys & girls !
12.Jeff Gordon ( LW N/R) - After a rough 2012 speedweeks Jeff's top 10 finish at Phoenix is a step in the right direction.
13. Dale Earnhardt, Jr ( LW 3rd)- If ever there was a time when Dale Jr should roll the dice to break his documented winless streak Vegas would be a fitting choice.
Dale jr has finished 2nd twice at Vegas (03,08)
14.Tony Stewart (LW 11th) - Smoke dominated the Vegas race one year ago only to lose the race on a bad call from then crew chief Darian Grubb. Coming off a disappointing weekend at Phoenix could add fuel to Smoke's fire.
15.Jeff Burton ( LW 4th) - Had a great run going at Phoenix before late race issues sent him to the garage.
Jeff has won two Sprint Cup events at Vegas (99,00)
16. Bobby Labonte (LW 18th)- The former Sprint Cup Series champion is working on putting together a comeback season. Maybe I'm getting carried away , but he's off to a respectable start to the 2012 season.
Bobby finished 5th in the 2009 Las Vegas race.
17.Marcos Ambrose (LW 12th) - Ambrose late race fuel mileage gamble cost him what would have been a likely 3rd place finish at Phoenix. Hard charging pays off expect Marcos to win on an oval sooner than later. Good job Marcos
Marcos finished 4th at Vegas one year ago.
18.Juan Pablo Montoya ( LW N/R) - Like Marcos Ambrose Juan desperately wants to win on an oval. He finished 3rd in this race last season.
19.Kurt Busch (LW N/R) - Doing more with less seems to fancy Kurt Busch. He had a respectable run last week at Phoenix. Welcome home Kurt Busch!
20. Travis Kvapil (LW N/R) - Travis had a strong run at Phoenix with the newly formed Bk racing. Travis is out to prove he can still race at the Sprint Cup level.
Opinions expressed in blogs are those of the individual bloggers and do not necessarily represent the views of racing-reference.info.